A Family Assistant is a valuable addition to any busy household. This is a position that is specifically molded to the needs of an entire family, and it includes responsibilities that might ordinarily be the provenance of several different other positions.
The perfect family assistant takes care of the mundane, routine, and overwhelming tasks in the household. Here are some of the duties a Family Assistant might be expected to perform:
- Meal preparation, light cooking
- Coordinating the family’s calendars and schedules
- Make travel arrangements and help with packing
- Paperwork, paying bills, record keeping
- Scheduling and supervising contractors
- Driving to appointments, activities, and playdates
- Helping older children with homework
- Grocery shopping
- Running errands
- Pet and plant care
Family assistants must be discreet, energetic, multi-tasker, organized and proactive, with excellent time management skills.