A sweet, thoughtful, supportive, and kind family in Lafayette is looking for a fantastic Nanny for their family long-term.
They have two lovely children who are 5 years old and 7.5 years old. The girl is very personable, playful, engaging, and super adorable- there is no way you can’t fall in love with her.
The boy is smart, personable, and has a big heart. In summary, I’ll say both children are enthusiastic learners, imaginative, and super fun to be around.
The Ideal candidate is nurturing, patient, developmentally engaging, intuitive about the needs of the children, an excellent communicator, organized, safety-conscious, resourceful, transparent, and an enthusiastic reader.
We would love someone who is excited about facilitating outdoor activity, occasional playdates (when it’s safe again), engaging the children in fun and creative activities, and supporting their school activities.
This position starts in early December. However, If you meet the requirements and have early availability, please let us know.
- At least 3+ years of recent professional nanny/childcare experience caring for similar age children.
- Excellent and verifiable references/positive track record with previous families
- Proactive about supporting the whole family (contributing as HHA) when needed.
- Clean Background Check
- Up to date on immunizations (Flu, MMR, Tdap, Negative TB test)
- Can drive with a clean driving record (family to provide a car)
- Trustline registered or willing to be before starting position.
- CPR/First aid certified
- Excellent communication skills: enthusiastically build a positive working relationship with parents and other people in the children’ ss lives (e.g., teachers)
- Tech-savvy (at least willing to learn) in order to help manage distance learning
- Follows current recommended COVID-19 best practices and supports children in following guidelines.
- Responsible for childcare duties
- Support and guide children as they move through their daily distance learning routines (includes tracking along with their schedules, answering any questions they have about learning, providing emotional support, helping with technology as needed communicating educational progress or challenges with parents).
- Facilitating growth and development (e.g., swap out library books weekly, organize engaging and age-appropriate learning opportunities or projects to do with the children at home)
- Light daily tidying, family laundry & family meal prep
- Keeping a basic log for parents to communicate learning progress or timelines
- Genuinely connecting with the children
- providing emotional support for the children and taking an interest in what they do at school, emphasizing positive behaviors/qualities, etc.)
- Instills self-care, life skills, healthy nutrition, cleanliness.
- Household support when needed
The schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (open to switching) days for the right candidate) from 7:30 am -5: 45 pm (~31 hours a week).
- $25-$30 per hour depending on experience
- Two weeks (6 days) of paid vacation
- One week (3 days) of paid sick leave
- Paid holidays off
- An opportunity to work with a great family who is looking to provide a stable, collaborative, and friendly work environment.
To apply for this job please visit findtherightstaff.typeform.com.