Two families in Noe Valley/Eureka neighborhood is looking for someone who can become an irreplaceable, beloved member of their two families. This is a nanny share position.
This role would include a guaranteed 40 hour/week pay (even if some hours are unused each week), split
roughly equally between the two families. The days/times/schedule would vary from week to week and
may include some evenings and weekends; this is not a 9a-5p M-F role. The two families and nanny
would jointly agree upon each week’s schedule with as much notice as possible, though you should be
flexible and willing to adapt to unexpected changes.
Start date – we are flexible and waiting for the right person. We could start immediately or delay the
start as needed.
What the Schedule could look like:
- Definitely 20 hours/week for each family (the other family is likely going to need all 20 hours of help each week but our family might usually not need as many hours but we will guarantee to pay 40 hours regardless)
- the other family isn’t sure whether which would be more helpful but here are 2 possible scenarios:
- 2 full days (8 hours) during the week + 4 hours on either Sat or Sun
- 3 or 4 half days (in the afternoons) during the week + 4 hours on either Sat or Sun
- for our family, we might want help:
- in the evenings, a few days a week (to help with bedtime, dishes, or “date nights”)
- 4-8 hours on either Sat or Sun
- In any case, the families would make sure that the person has at least 2 days off per week
Location—both the Noe Valley/Eureka Valley neighborhood of SF and Corte Madera in Marin (some days
in each location).
● Regularly scheduled childcare hours per week. One family has a 1.5-year-old daughter and the
other family has a 3.5-year-old son and a 6-month-old daughter. We expect that you would spend
different days/hours with each family (i.e. you would not be taking care of all 3 children at the
same time, except in case of emergency)
● Duties include (but are not limited to): preparing meals, excursions, engaging the children in
brain-developing playtime, driving the children to/from activities, bathing, naptime/bedtime
● Occasional, ad hoc “babysitting” hours in the evenings and weekends or to fill in during the
weekdays if there is an emergency or a doctors’ appointment, etc.
● Rarely, might include travel with one of the families and assist with childcare on these trips.
● Read materials, complete any additional childcare training programs that we may deem
important (this time spent would count toward paid hours).
Family Assistant Responsibilities
● Assist with regular daily household activities for all family members (i.e. dishes, laundry, general
● Run errands including light shopping, mailing and picking up mail, dry-cleaning, etc.
Must have significant childcare experience, including with infants and toddlers, and stellar references in
this regard. Must have a can-do, will-do attitude to help out the families with whatever their household
needs are (i.e. some days, the families may need childcare, other days, they might need help with
household chores so that the parents can spend more quality time with their kids). Basically, the moms
want another mom who could jump in and help with anything that we would typically do ourselves =)
Personality and Character Qualities
These are the personal qualities that are most important to us
● Excellent judgment/responsible
● Good sense of humor/playful/fun
● Native Spanish speaker
● Fluent English speaker as well (all the parents are English-speakers)
● Talkative/outgoing (we want to make sure our kids get a lot of language exposure) and can
engage kids who are outgoing and also kids who are more reserved. With the parents, we value
a communication style that is direct and candid. We will provide feedback and also appreciate
● Creative and smart, problem-solving.
● Energetic (none of our kids are hyper but they are high energy and playful and need
● Has experience with infants and toddlers (doesn’t need to be newborn experience but needs to
have experience with kids ages 6 months – 3 years)
● Has a driver’s license and a car
● Legal to work in the US and is ok with all compensation going through the proper legal/tax
● Must like dogs (one family has 2 small dogs)
● Takes the Covid pandemic seriously and is very careful (one mom has an autoimmune condition)
● Must be willing to sign an NDA and confidentiality agreement since both families value their
Must be fully vaccinated. Must be willing to get a booster vaccine if the CDC or other creditable health
organizations deem it valuable to do so.
Both sets of parents are fully vaccinated. None of the kids are old enough to be vaccinated yet. The 3.5
year-old attends a morning preschool 3x per week. The kids are masked indoors and don’t mix with other classroom “pods”.
Willing to periodically take a Covid test and potentially quarantine if needed. Willing to have ongoing,
in-depth conversations about potential risk factors and mutually agree upon some lifestyle choices for all
of us that will keep us all safe. We agree to the same and also want to make sure that our Nanny always
feels safe working with us.
We do not want to share this person with other families due to the increased risk of Covid exposure. This
the role would be to nanny exclusively for our two families.
TBD based on experience. We are looking for a very high-quality person and are willing to pay the value
for this. Health insurance included.
To apply for this job please visit www.findtherightnanny.com.