A very busy family in Palo Alto is looking for a fantastic Chief of Staff starting as soon as possible.
The ideal candidate has experience with mid-larger operations, with multiple properties, has longevity in their previous positions, and hospitality experience. The family is looking for a candidate who holds/has held a hotel manager or director of operations title of any luxury mix-use hotel which also has a residential within the hotel.
- A college degree is required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar executive position, preferably within
the five-star luxury hotel and fine dining environment.
- A formal private household experience is preferred with a large staff.
- Must possess legal work authorization in the United States.
- Strong working experience with and strong knowledge of AV and home automation
systems, IT and networking infrastructure
- Experience with highest level security systems and protocols
- Experience with project management and financial management
- Highly proficient in all Apple products and software is extremely tech-savvy with
other operating systems such as Google suites, Windows, and other clouds
applications and database
- Must have a valid United States driver’s license and a clean driving record.
The candidate must meet the company’s insurance requirements.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the household environment, employees may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the needs of the household. In
addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Successful completion of a background investigation, including a drug test, criminal
history, credit report, and verification of employment and education. Security
background investigations will be updated periodically thereafter
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established
from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Longevity in your previous positions
- Ability to bend, squat, and lift up to 55 pounds a
minimum of five times per day
- The mental ability required for higher reasoning, reading, remembering, writing and
- Polished, calm, highly discreet. Is self-driven, proactive, and highly organized, and
time-efficient with exceptional time management. Exercise sound judgment on a
- Highly sophisticated and unflappable attitude that embodies “no job is too big or too small,” “no job is beneath me,” and
always willing to be hands-on and model staff responsibilities
- Has the highest level of integrity, honesty, confidentiality, and loyalty
- Is completely service-oriented and treats everyone with equal grace and respect
- Is analytical, even-tempered, and process-driven
- Overseeing property operations, family services, maintenance and construction of
- Serve as a communication hub between principles and all staff/vendors
- Conduct formal performance evaluations of all staff quarterly, develop and mentor
- Oversee travel arrangements and experiences, coordinate detailed services and
activities per standards, pre and post trips coordination
- Creating (as needed), maintaining, and evolving all household, staff, events, dining,
travel, guests, cleaning, maintenance and other protocols, documentation and
- Negotiating and managing all contracts, ensuring all routine maintenance is
scheduled and performed at standards
- Responsible for all operational budgets and finances, including scheduling, payroll,
purchasing, expense reports, invoices, and other property-related expenses
- Hiring (including contract creation), training, managing, and quarterly assessing of all
household staff, vendors, and contractors
- Ensure all property documentation are up to date including household manuals and
all policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensure all logs, communication platforms (databases, calendars, photo books,
recipes, etc.) are current updated daily
- Oversee all personal artifacts and collection items (art, vehicles, wardrobes, whiskey
- $200,000-$300,000 a year depending on experience. Possibly more compensation for the right candidate.
- Full medical benefits
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation
- An opportunity to work with a fantastic family and a wonderful team