A busy family in Atherton is looking for a full-time Nanny | Teacher for their three children, ages 11 months, 5, and 8. This role’s focus will be on the care and educational development of the 11-month-old and require that the hired candidate supervise the older children when the family’s full-time nanny is not on duty.
The family is seeking candidates who are warm, caring, professional, reliable, accountable, physically fit, and healthy. The ideal candidate has boundless energy, a positive and friendly personality, and enjoys creating learning opportunities at every turn. The family will invite qualified candidates to work a short, paid trial period.
The hired candidate will strive to provide a warm, loving, and structured learning environment for the children.
COVID Safety Measures: The successful candidate must be willing to comply with all COVID-related regulations and safety/health standards issued by local and state officials, especially mask-wearing inside the home and strictly limiting all unmasked interactions. Our client’s goal is to create a healthy, happy, and safe work environment for their team and their family!
- 8:30 am- 3:30/4:30 pm (some flexibility required)
- Some travel possible
- Start Date: ASAP
- Local candidates only, please
- Create and implement a learning plan for the 11-month-old
- Communicate and interact directly with child at the child’s level
- Communicate with and respond to individual child during activities and routines
- Be available and responsive to the child’s needs, questions, and requests
- Encourage and model social behavior and expectations that are developmentally appropriate
- Establish a well-designed environment with clearly defined, well-organized activity areas
- Maintain and refresh the indoor and outdoor learning environments in accordance with the needs, strengths, and interests of the child
- Maintain and model safe and healthy practices for the child at all times
- Carefully observe child, document observations, and use all information to individualize and create a developmentally appropriate learning plan for the child
- Submit and discuss learning plans with parents
- Provide a variety of developmentally appropriate materials to foster social skills, self-concept, and creative expression
- Plan and implement a daily schedule that provides a balance of activities: indoor/outdoor, fine/gross motor, etc.
- Respond immediately and appropriately to unexpected situations or emergencies
- General child supervision
- Organizing children’s play areas
- Light cooking (child-related)
- Light housekeeping (child-related)
- Driving of children (possible)
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience working as a Nanny with a private family, excellent references. Some teaching experience
- Must have experience working with toddlers and school-aged children
- Bing Nursery School experience would be a great bonus!
- Early Childhood Education training: preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities
- Physically agile; able to keep up with active children
- Knowledge of general first aid and CPR certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to speak English fluently-foreign language skills are a plus
- Must be able to make a long-term commitment
- Must be willing to submit to an in-depth background investigation
- Non-smokers/vapers only!
- Hourly Rate | DOE
- Healthcare compensation negotiable
- 10 paid vacation days
- 7 paid holidays
- Paid sick days
- Discretionary bonus